Thursday, May 1, 2008

Trains, Etc.




I like trains, especially old steam trains. Like most guys (and some girls) my age, I had Lionel trains when I was a lad. I remember a steam train, as well as a diesal streamliner, in this case a silver Santa Fe engine, and matching cars. My dad disposed of them after I left home, and both of us now wish he hadn't. One of these days, the wife and I plan to take the train from Williams, Arizona, up to the Grand Canyon. The train stops right in the middle of the Grand Canyon Village, for the day, then takes you back (about a 2 hour trip), to Williams. I was a big Superman fan back in the day, as well, and eagerly awaited the next DC comicbook, with Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Superdog, you name it. Also like Aqua Man. Not a big Bat Man fan, though, and not a Marvel Comics guy, although these days I like them all.

No comments: