Thursday, May 8, 2008

In the Basement Today

This here is a picture of a mahogany Harmony guitar, pretty much identical to one I had when I was in the Nav, back in the late 60's/early 70's. Not an expensive guitar, it had a nice, full tone, but kind of a hard action. This was probably because it had very heavy strings, and I never changed them. It was great to bang out a tune in the barracks. Unforetunately, like an idiot I sold it when I left Cuba, thinking it would be drag to carry it back to the states. That was before I was enlightened enough to realize I should keep every guitar I ever owned. Really, I have sold or given a way a couple of them over the years, but still have four - my Fender Custom Esquire, circa 1962, my Harmony Roy Smeck model, semi-acoustic, my Gibson Folk Guitar, circa 1966, and my Ibanez full-size acoustic, circa 1975. Love guitars, obviously.

No comments: