Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Long May He Run

I have been on a Neil Young kick for about a year now. I guess I liked his work back in late 60s and early 70's, but then lost track of him; busy with life -college, marriage, kids, etc. I remember my brother, Matt lived for Neil Young, back in the 70's. Matt passed away at an early age (mid-30's), and had a difficult life, but Neil was his refuge for awhile. Neil is one of the few from the old days who has managed to evolve over the decades, but still keeps the same basic style. He has always done what he pleased, and can alternate between acoustic country, and hard rock, quite easily, and often does, within the same show. I have been listening to a lot of his bootlegs from over the years, which have a raw sound I prefer. Mostly like the hard rock side these days. Neil is currently touring Europe, and sounds as strong as ever, judging by the Berlin and Amsterdam shows I have heard. Rock On!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill Bee, you are indeed a profound thinker, of the old school. Neil is a world asset, for sure. Right up there with the Stones, and more American - from Hank to Hendrix, as he says in the sone.

Bee Bill