Tuesday, June 30, 2009


The new, and the old. First one, of course, is the young Dr. Spock. The second is the old Bob Dylan. Saw the new Star Trek last weekend, and it was very good. To my surprise, they honored the original characters, and the young actors tipped their hats to the old guys. The obviously better CGI-enhanced special effects were excellent, and didn't overwhelm the story. A good deal of humor as well. I've been listening to boots of recent Dylan concerts. Bob has a crack band these days - loose, but very good, and his is excentric as ever. Does many of the same songs, show to show, but always a slightly different approach. His voice sounds like gravel in a blender, most of the time, these days, but then he is the aging bluesman, isn't he?


1 comment:

billbee said...

I just realized I repeated almost verbatim my post from about a week ago. Old timers disease is really setting in~!