Friday, August 29, 2008

More Friday Doldrums


Yes, it's Friday again, the Friday before labor day weekend (big deal). We are staring at two possible hurricanes headed at us. Most likely will rain all weekend. I probably will end of working Monday, unless the wife has other ideas, of course. Barack got nominated this week, and put on a nice show. Bill and Hillary appear to be well on-board, as is Al Gore. All gave rousing speeches, as they should. I see Old Fart John McCain just nominated the gov. of Alaska, a 40 something female, to be VP candidate with hime. She appears to be pretty far right (pro-life, pro oil drilling in Anwar, described as "born again" Christian). However, she is young (and a looker), and has a nice family (5 kids). Probably a good move on his part. Should be an interesting couple of months. I just hope we "dont get fooled again", as the Who liked to sing.
Probably won't make much difference in my little life, of course. I just hope whoever gets in can instill some confidence in the economy again, and get things moving. I would like to be able to retire in a couple years, as planned, but don't want to give up my house equity for a song.
Have a good weekend, all!

No comments: