Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Doldrums





Here's just some good old stuff, no particular reason. I'm still downloading a lot of old R&R - Its amazing how much I actually missed, back in the day. I thought I was always up on the latest thing, but once married life kicked in for me in the mid-70's, I apparently missed a lot. Many of my old heros (like Neil) produced a lot of good stuff in the late 70's to current, and until about a year ago, I missed most of it. Thank God for old fanatics like myself, and the net. You can get just about anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant, as Arlo used to sing.


It's Friday, and our tropical storm is moving toward the panhandle, slowing, throwing off bands in about a 300 mile radius, and still causing a fuss in Sarasota -breezy, some showers, but nothing serious. Gave the east coast a good soaking, though. Not looking forward to the weekend, which will be grass mowing, and hearing more about my backlog of importance home maintenance projects. The lawn still looks like swiss cheese, thanks to sneaky cinch bugs, but after a good dose of pesticide a couple weeks ago, looks like it's starting to grow in again. As the neighbor was nice enough to point out, once you get a brown spot, the bugs have moved onto greener pastures, and unless you dose them good with toxic chemicals, you can count on the roots of the good St. Augustine grass dying in short order. May as well plant rocks.


That brings Arizona to mind again - no grass!

No comments: