Wednesday, July 28, 2010


Recently gave my pre-CBS (1962) Fender Custom Esquire (tele), back to it's original owner, my brother-in-law. Actually, gave it to his son, who is a guitar freak. He says he will keep it forever, which is cool with me. I found it in my inlaws attic back in late 60's, and co-opted it. During a tight spell in the '80's, I toyed with selling it to raise cash, but the wife made it clear it was "in the family", and I shouldn't sell it. After that, I felt like it wasn't really mine. In fact, I felt guilty for taking it from my brother in law, even though we worked out a deal at the time - I paid him $295. Value now is about $12,000, at least. Not may of these left. I haven't really played it in 20 years. Now I am left with only 3 guitars, and 3 amps. Don't know how I will get by!

No comments: