Wednesday, September 16, 2009






Wow - 3 pictures! All things I love. First is Goldie, of course -in her 20's, best blonde I know of. The Moodies - kept me sane in the70's. Finally, a nice watercolor of one of the creek crossings in Sabino Canyon (Tucson). Sept 17 is my Birthday. Born in the last year of WWII. I am pleased to say I have some memory of the 50's (Elvis on Ed Sullivan, Bandstand, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee, Little Richard, Rick Nelson, do-wop, etc. The 60's, I remember very well. Beach Boys, Beatles, Franki Valli, Supremes, MoTown in general, Stax/Volt, the Stones, Hendrix, Janis, Airplane, Moodies, Joni Mitchell, Muddy Waters, Procol Harum, Dylan, Who, Neil Young, etc. The 70's was Moodies, Stones, The Band, Dylan, Donna Summer, Talking Heads, etc. The 80's was good for REM, Hall & Oates, and a lot of decent music I can't remember very well. My daughter liked Bowie, Hall & Oates, stuff like that. The 90's, can't recommend much, and definitely nothing worthwhile in the 2000's, except old fogies doing good new work (like Neil Young, Who, Stones, Bob Dylan). Sue and i are survivors, still living the Dream.

No comments: